He Looked Around

Jarius went to Jesus because he knew that He alone could heal his dying daughter.

Others tried to stop him.

But at his insistence, he made it into the presence of Jesus and made his request known.

Meanwhile, another one in the crowd, burdened by her own infirmities for many years, a woman pushes her way towards Jesus. She knows that if anyone could make her well, it would be Him. Just one touch and I'll be better, she thinks.

Both of them, faces in the crowd, beaten down by suffering and pain, come to Jesus.

What amazed me this morning is that Jesus had time for both of them. Not only that, but He insisted on knowing who it was who touched Him in the crowd. Why did He care? His power was enough, she was well, why did it matter?

My 11 year old answered this question. Jesus wanted to know who it was who had faith. Who believed that He was able?

He looked around to find her. His words to her were balm to her soul. Because of your faith...... you are healed.

Jesus, give me faith like that. Faith that believes that just one touch is enough to heal. I want to have that kind of faith that believes that You even care about the small things. There are crowds in my life. Things that keep me from really fighting my way through, from pressing in close. To-do lists, obligations, resposibilities........ The woman didn't let the crowds stop her, and neither should I.

"Daughter,your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease." Mk 5:24

Comments

  1. Loved your "11 year old's" answer. Amazing how insightful these children of ours can be! Hope your days are full of you going in His peace. Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food on my table

Feelings of irrelevance

Not what I thought.... Advent Day 13