Choosing to worship...


I've probably written plenty of posts before surrounding the topic of trust but the journey has gotten tougher in the recent days. Tougher for my frail heart to trust.

Choosing to trust the Lord in the face of fear is something my heart sometimes struggles to do. In the daytime it's easier. The nighttime is harder. When the busyness of the day wears off and I'm left alone with my thoughts sometimes fear grips me. The "what-if" thoughts seem to plague me daily, thoughts surrounding our future, the health of my husband, and the safety of my children. If I'm not careful the thoughts can run rampant and the feeling is debilitating.

This morning my attention is turned towards 2 Chronicles 20, the passage when King Jehoshophat is desperately calling out to God for help. "Lord, we don't know what to do, but our eyes are on You." (v.12) The following verses grip my heart. Jahaziel, filled with the Holy Spirit, exhorts the people, "Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's.... you will not need to fight this battle. stand firm. hold your position. and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf.... do not be afraid and do not be dismayed..."  These verse encourage my heart this morning as I realize I am part of the many who, too have encountered difficulties and challenges. They, too struggled with trusting God and God came in timely ways to encourage their hearts and redirect their gaze.

The strategy the Lord gives them to defeat the enemy is in line with God's upside-kingdom-way of doing things. The King appoints the singers to march first. "he appointed those who were to sing to the Lord and praise Him in holy attire, as they went before the army and say, "give thanks to the Lord, for His steadfast love endures forever." The posture of their heart in the face of great adversity and battle is worship.

The call to worship is for me this morning.
Will you choose to worship Me, in the face of pain and uncertainty? 

Waiting on lab results, wondering why my youngest son continues to have abdominal pain, coaching my oldest through the college prep decisions, connecting with my middle son's heart, and leaving room for my daughter to process and cry..... things too big for me to handle alone.

Choosing to worship this morning... His love endures forever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food on my table

Feelings of irrelevance

Eyes to Perceive