Juggling

Juggling is something that I've always wanted to do but I've never actually tried. Whenever I have seen someone juggle even three items I can't help but envy such talent. Recently, I have contemplated life which is very much a juggling act- managing all the balls flying up in the air at different times is a difficult thing to do! As a believer,there are so many truths I know in my head and heart but I forget so easily. I mustn't be anxious but rather give every burden and care to the the Lord. But there are so many times when I forget that and my true self comes out and with that comes a strong desire to control something. Life right now feels very much out of control. It doesn't always feel like that, but right now it does. I can tell I am feeling out of control because I organized the kids' dressers today. That would be 4 dressers. 12 drawers.

Quietness and solitude, time to reflect and hear God is not an optional thing. I need it and I must make it happen. If I can't fit some of that blessed uninterrupted time into my life then I think something is amiss.

What things should I say no to that I have already said yes to?

I need to grow in discernment for I know that the skill I am lacking is not just saying "no".

Juggling may be a part of life but I must make sure that I am not juggling too many things. I need to guard my heart from pride - thinking that I alone am the only one who can meet a need. Unbelief is another big one, do I trust Him? I need to ask the Lord for help in prioritizing my day- knowing that there are many things that I cannot compromise namely my family and homeschooling. Ministry needs can pile up so fast and it's hard to sort through it all. I just did 7 loads of laundry today after 2 weeks on the road- sorting isn't fun!

I have wanted to call my sisters for weeks now. The time zones are a hindrance but busyness is too. When I haven't connected with those I love then I think I need to slow down.

God's heart towards his children is tender and He is patient with us. I am so thankful for that. Knowing when to say yes and when to say no is a steep learning curve for me, but there are small victories that remind me that He is teaching me.

.

Comments

  1. Did you forget? Not juggling but which ones to let drop.

    love you friend

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food on my table

Feelings of irrelevance

Not what I thought.... Advent Day 13