December 4 - a walk in the rain

We braved the wind and rain today. Exchanging dry clothes for the wet bedraggled look, we ventured out for a walk on the beach. We were layered up and ready for the cold, but we weren't ready for the rain. In 10 minutes, our down coats were soaked through and I was soon wet to the bone. It's been a long time since I've had that feeling.

Our family loves to watch shows where others brave the wild, and we act like we enjoy that, too. It's a fun joke we have because at the end of the day, we really just like the comfort of our home, our heat, and warm clothes.

This morning I'm reading about the hope of salvation. "Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation." Psalm 68:19 There is no other one who can offer us salvation like the Lord. This salvation is my hope today. Salvation from my sin, not only once and for all sin, but my daily sin. I grieve Him when I don't choose to trust Him. Anxious thoughts, fear, anger, frustration at others, lack of compassion. He is my hope when I feel stuck in old patterns of thinking and feeling. How I need Him to save me!

My dad and daughter picked us up at the end of the beach. Their white van was a sight for sore and wet eyes! We were wet, but we were thankful for a ride home. Christ's salvation offers us a ride Home into eternity with Him. HE alone is my Hope this morning. Christ, my salvation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food on my table

Feelings of irrelevance

Eyes to Perceive