December 6- faith

Reading through Mary's Song of praise this morning, wondering what it felt like to be her. This young woman became impregnated with the Sonof God, in a mysterious moment, and was left to carry Him for 9 months, in a society where that was not only improbable but scandalous.

As a person whose default response is, "how will others perceive me?", I'm stunned at Mary's response to the angel who first announced to her what would happen. "Behold I am the servant of the Lord, let it be to me according to your word." (Luke 1:30)  Her response was that of submission and faith. That is definitely not always my first response. There is a submission of heart that must take place in order for faith to happen. To trust in the One who I serve requires willingness to surrender everything to Him first.

I am tempted daily to take things into my own hands. To fix problems, smooth over issues, and carry tasks out on my own. I am convicted of my need to surrender all to the Lord this morning. I am a servant of the Lord. My life is not my own. I belong to Him. When my heart is surrendered, then control is no longer my own. I can respond in faith, trusting the One who loves me and who gave up His life in exchange for mine.

Mary's song of praise is so beautiful.
My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. 

Praise follows surrender.

Asking today that that would be my response, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food on my table

Feelings of irrelevance

Not what I thought.... Advent Day 13