December 8 Prince of Peace

 There's always something that tries to keep me from trusting the Lord. Almost daily there arises something that threatens to throw me off balance, to lose my footing. It's in those moments I have a choice. To respond in faith and let Peace wash over me, or to respond with anxious thoughts and busyness. The heart's response in times like these reflect what's really inside.

Isaiah wrote of the promised Child, "He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end." Isaiah 9:6 The prophet wrote in a time of turmoil and unrest for the people of Israel, writing of a peace that they had not known. He is coming, he writes. The Prince of Peace.

The Prince of Peace is the Son of God and He reigns within me. The problem is that I so easily forget that and assume the reign of my life. That's when my feet slip.

My husband gave me a hug this afternoon and I tried to wrestle away. Distracted I moved away, and he smiled, pulling me into his grip saying, I know you're burdened. Just relax, it will be okay. Our youngest son loves to join the hug and looked at me and said, "relax, Mommy!" We took a walk and I breathed in the crisp winter air. My breathing deepened and my heart lightened. Circumstances haven't changed, but my perspective has changed. He is my Prince of Peace. Reign in me, Lord, reign in me. 

Comments

  1. I am loving these advent thoughts, my friend.
    I can so relate---each day. Just relax---this is a word to my heart, and I take it in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food on my table

Feelings of irrelevance

Not what I thought.... Advent Day 13